Here's just a few favorite recipes. If you'd like more, stop by and talk with us at the Apple Castle market. We'd love to visit with you! (By the way, Sandy has better recipes than Lyle, but you probably guessed that!)
2 Apple Castle apples, finely chopped
1/4 cup raisins
6-8 oz. cooked ham, chopped
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
12 slices hot buttered toast
Combine all ingredients except toast and lettuce leaves. Spread about 1/2 cup apple mixture on 6 slices of toast, top with lettuce leaf, and cover with remaining toast. Cut in half and serve immediately.
(1) Core and slice 2-3 apples (or more for a larger dish)
(2) Place in a baking dish and cover with ¼ c water
(4) Add dried cranberries, raisins, or dried apricots to your liking
(5) Bake, covered, on 350 until tender (approx. 30 min)
PEANUT BUTTER APPLE TART
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- Heaping 1/2 cup peanut butter*
- 2 Tablespoons honey, warmed plus 4 Tablespoons for drizzling*
- 2 apples of choice, sliced thinly*
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice puff pastry dough into 3 equal size rectangles and place onto a silpat lined baking sheet.
- Warm peanut butter and 2 tablespoons honey in a microwave safe bowl until liquid like(may have to add coconut oil or butter if using natural peanut butter).
- Spread evenly over 3 pastry rectangles leaving 1/2 inch border around edges.
- Layer apple slices neatly over top of peanut butter, drizzle with warm honey, sprinkle with sugar
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and puffed around the edges.
- Let cool completely then drizzle with additional warm honey if desired and powdered sugar. Serve as whole tarts or cut each tart into fourths.
*Ingrediants sold at Apple Castle